Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vision

Note:

So I have only spent two sessions of my life on this blog. Once for documenting my room renovations and once to add a couple poems and stuff. Now for BIG @))* (that is 2008 when accidentally holding down shift) I plan to add a few more posts of thoughtless meanderings like this one, notes on things I like/dislike, and an occasional captain's log.

This year I spent a good amount of time at Vicki's where I feed and take care of her horses. I also raise three twiner kittens or I guess that would be triplet kittens, and I am always working on a new project.

This summer Amanda and I spend many a day tilling the earth and even built a garden and grew all kinds of veggies. In fact a lot of notable things went down, I was bucked pretty good by one of the horses, we found the strangest creature living in the pipes, I went skimbording in the pasture on irrigation day, had countless pick nicks, got the riding lawn mower stuck and eventually broke it and that sums up about a week.

Vicki confessed to me that her goal was to create the perfect working situation as part of her personal experiment. I must say she did it. There has never been a day when I did not look forward to going out to the River Bottom Ranch to find out what the next project would be. I never once felt like I worked for Vicki but rather with Vicki. So many days were filled with discussions on any topic that was on our minds, every day was therapeutic in so many ways.

One day this fall Vicki suggested that I help plan a birthday party for her grandsons 16th. I had a vision for a pinata, so Amanda and I went to work. 2.5 days later. . .


Vicki got sick and missed the party so I threw this quick video together so I could show her the calculated demise of our creation.

1 comment:

Anna K. said...

Awesome! So you just so happened to have a crane on hand. Typical